Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Life

 I watched them yesterday; a crackle of Cuckatoos in the Oval, close to what I call home now,

 I paused to take in their magnificence, their loud cackle,

 So familiar now, that it seems it was always a part of our lives!

  The expanse of the clear blue sky and the lush green grass,

 The tiny dew drops that nestled delicately on the expansive leaves,

 The green eucalyptus rocked gently with the cacophony of  birds and bats,

  The glistening web that the spider so painstakingly spun all night,

   Is there for me to marvel,

   A single ray of sunlight carving the intricate weave

  Dandelions and hibiscus lining my path,

  The nostalgia evoking jasmine, in full bloom, 

  I watched myself watch them again yesterday,

  As a little girl, watching life as it happens. 


 


No comments: