Monday, April 9, 2007

exploring an "i"

Silence is my blanket of protection 
Numbness- my overcoat of resilience 
Anger that resides within my vein 
Envelopes my pain and leaves a stain! 
Questions that stay muted on my lips
Reasons that failingly persist
Knowledge that gnaws at my senses 
The self... At every touch tenses!!! 
The screams of the child that shatter the silence of the night 
The resigned sigh of the little girl, overcome by the might!
The swinging hips of the woman, at the street corner 
The battered wife fulfilling her honour
Slamming doors and window jams,
Keys in locks and metal bands
Of curtains that mask tongues and faces
Sore bodies and blank spaces 
Thought and memories of life's stages 
Dropping shoulders and spectacles put back in cases 
Heavy eyelid and slurry speeches 
Pain that finds its shelter in sleepy breeches.

No comments: